I don't know about you, but I hate the thought of wasting time and think that school is boring. On the other hand, I love being with friends, going to "hot spots", and fun class activities. A few, if not many, of you guys would agree, am I right? But why? What is it about working with others that makes things more exciting?
Hypothesis- If you are working together with friends, then like a virus, your joy of working together will transfer into your project.
But there are still so many unanswered questions. What makes the "perfect partner"? Can a "perfect partner" still be considered as so in different environments? How many partners can you have before it is considered too much? These are all good questions, and I am determined to find the answer
My mission for the rest of the semester is to figure out why certain activities make people more interested and to see if this atmosphere can be duplicated successfully in multiple situations such as: studying in the library, working on a project, and hanging out at Starbucks. I will be acting in each setting three times (with a different personality each time) with an unsuspecting
As an introvert, I hope to build a stronger understanding of the extroverted world and maybe develop more questions along the way. I understand that this is is a difficult and confusing topic to gauge, but as long as I learn something new each day, I'm sure I'll be fine. I also feel that this may benefit many, including myself, so all I can say is "good luck" to myself.
Let's see if I can build and spread a happy virus-
Challenge Accepted!
First of all, I think this is a really great idea. I like that you have an end goal that involves positively impacting the way you interact with people which, in turn, spreads happiness. Happiness is such a simple yet uneasily attainable state of mind that most people do not put their intensions on. I myself have noticed that when I'm doing any activity with a friend, whether it's in class or outside of school, I enjoy myself much more and I am much more creative when the happy energy is flowing. One suggestion I would give to you is to not only do your experiments with a partner but with groups of people as well so that you can get a better variety of observations and make a more accurate conclusion from all your findings. What sorts of behaviors are you going to be looking for in your "test subjects"?
ReplyDelete-Sadelle Sewalt
I love this!
ReplyDeleteIn part because I enjoy sociology (the study of society). But also because it seems realistic and much more obtainable, in terms of time. I really like that you want to find what makes basically social interactions so addictive, am I right?
Although, I wonder what would happen if you do not intreat with people in at least one week ( people meaning friends)? I know it is kind of gloomy, but wouldn't this help you get more positive perspectives on how groups can spread the JOY Virus?
Anyway I think that this is a great project.
Have fun
^-^
:D
I really like the idea of your project. I am looking forward to see what your test personalities are going to be and the coming results. I don't know how many places you've scoped out in terms of your project, but maybe you can compile a huge list of laces you find okay and sort of assign one to a group or an individual such that you will get better results. Also, don't forget to take certain environmental factors into account: somethings you can do at Starbucks to have a memorable experience may not be permissible in the SHS or Saratoga Library.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to your next post.
--Mukund
I really like this idea of spreading happiness and determining what activities people are interested in. I think you can totally document it like have a go-pro or secret camera! that would be so cool! Also, I agree with Sadelle, you need to test a group of people because everyone is different.
ReplyDelete