So yesterday, I had the honor of going to lunch with one of my classmates who will be one of the participants to Project Happy Virus. For the time being, I will refer to her as Miss. Pink, or "Pink" for short. We were going to eat at the new chicken wing shop on Saratoga next to Snocrave during our lunch break and I was super excited to take her there. If only it were that easy.
Pink and I were suppose to meet up in front of Mr. Orre's classroom, but after five minutes of waiting, I needed to head off to the shop. I tried calling and texting her, but I didn't get a response, so I left without her. She'd understand, right? (Wow, I'm a jerk...). I ran to my car (backpack bouncing and everything), turned on the ignition, and waited for everyone to leave like a good little defensive driver. The drive down was alright, but parking was another story.
After finding parking, I walked into the shop, psyching myself up for when I reach the cashier. Here's how it went down:
"Hi, what can I get for you?"
"Uh........................*insert order*" (I ordered two just in case Pink was mad that I left her)
"Just for yourself?"
".....Yeah..."
Anything else?" (Flashes bright smile while I look away)
"Uh......... um... well...... um...... no thank you...."
I sped back to school immediately after I got my chicken. Once my car was parked, I raced to 6th period to find Pink. Thankfully she wasn't mad at me. We spent all of 6th period sneaking bites of chicken and attempting to pay attention to our AP Language teacher's lesson. We failed miserably, or at least, I failed miserably.
Even though this wasn't a formal trial with subject Pink, I must admit that studying amongst the presence of food is kind of difficult, especially since all you do is think about eating your next bite. I'm hoping that my worries are just worries and that my experiments will go as planned, but at this point, I'm not so sure.
Even though this wasn't a formal trial with subject Pink, I must admit that studying amongst the presence of food is kind of difficult, especially since all you do is think about eating your next bite. I'm hoping that my worries are just worries and that my experiments will go as planned, but at this point, I'm not so sure.

Nice to see food still always helps Annie. Also, don't worry, I know what it's like in AP Lang nowadays. That being said, what other scenarios are you going to hit? Are you going to try to do the same thing but without the food to see if you get a different reaction? This seems to be going smoothly so far.
ReplyDelete--Mukund
Interesting experiment! You didn't actually wait for her right? It was supposed to be part of the experiment? Nevertheless I cannot wait to see how this project comes out!
ReplyDeleteInteresting experiment! You didn't actually wait for her right? It was supposed to be part of the experiment? Nevertheless I cannot wait to see how this project comes out!
ReplyDelete