Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A Virus Never Dies

My project ended up being a fairly big success and a huge confidence booster. Personally, I do feel like I succeeded in figuring out a way to help the more socially challenged become more open to people; however, I approached it all wrong. I thought this "happiness" was something that could be developed, created out of nothing, yet I called it a "happy virus" none the less. Turns out, it was one and it should have been studied as one. Something I never realized was that this sense of companion euphoria is within us all, but sometimes it lies dormant. We just need that initial spark to flare it up. As a person, I wish I knew this before, then perhaps I wouldn't be this awkward being that I am today, but aren't we all like that? 

I unfortunately was a dingus and volunteered to be the last person to present, so I presented my Ted talk during a time crunch (yikes!), but I feel that I did a fairly adequate job despite the circumstances. I generally don't like talking in front of people, so I tried to go around it by pretending it was an actual conversation and I tried really hard to make it funny.  It took forever to figure out what exactly I wanted to talk about and I avoid making the PowerPoint like the plague because I had no idea where to start, much less when to stop. Eventually, when I got to it, I just jotted down my discoveries and found some anime gifs to complement them. Presenting was a nightmare.... I got stressed out when I realized that I only had 5 minutes left till the bell rang and I knew that my presentation was at least 8-9 minutes long. As a result, I forgot my entire presentation and had to look at my slides for help. The other issue that I ran into was since I had to cut down on my information, I used a lot of fillers and hand gestures because I wasn't filtering through my information fast enough and my conscious kept telling me to "quit while I'm ahead". On the bright side, I finish my presentation in under 7 minutes and I now know not to go last on presentation day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment